Friday, March 7, 2014

Evaluate 3.1.2 Self-Reflection on Teaching Abilities

Self-Reflection on Teaching Abilities

Where do I begin?
When I first began the TOOL MOOC, I thought that the content would be somewhat easy since I am at the end of my program, and while most of it was easy to understand it was very time consuming to document the understanding.  There were many times when I know I could have blogged better answers to the quests, but due to exhaustion from the busy schedules we all have, I just had to do the best I could at the time.

I think we all have the ability to be great teachers.  However, sometimes there are hiccups in the most well planned lessons.  Face-to-face instruction has its share of hiccups.  Today was a bad day filled with disciplinary issues and class disruptions. I long for the day I can teach online, and hopefully be able to reach those students that actually want to learn something without having to deal with writing discipline referrals.

I do not currently teach online, so I do not have many artifacts for online learning.  I have already posted most of what I have in the blogs.

 The TOOL MOOC was very thorough in all aspects of online education. I feel that I need to work on feedback to the students in my professional growth because I do not always give the best timely feedback in my face-to-face class and that is even more important in an online class.

At the beginning of the semester, I did create a website for my Business Education Classes, but I have not had time to finish it.  The link is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment